Photography Classes / Lessons
Join me for training that's guaranteed to have you shooting like a pro and creating stunning images in no time! There's never been a better time to give your camera a workout. Learn tips and tricks and unleash the power of your favorite camera and gear, while dramatically boosting your creative skills.
Digital photography has changed the way photographers create images with a new sense of imagination. Digital pictures are more than instant images, as they can be instantly changed and improved. If you’ve been a digital shooter or just purchased a digital camera or are about to, this workshop is for you! These classes are designed for the amateur and semi-professional photographer in mind.
You will learn the fundamentals of this exciting creative tool, your digital camera. Photography classes are a step-by-step, one-on-one experience with a class attendance size of no more than three students. Topics covered along with the current workshop studies can include portrait photography, landscape photography, macro photography, night photography, and action photography. Other topics covered can include uploading photos from your camera to your computer and the best choices of photo editing software that will meet your needs.
If you've taken a class or classes at your local college or attended a photo seminar and left confused, you'll be capturing stunning shots from the very first class you attend! Call today...724-953-3121.
Classes start at $84.00. Gift cards available.
Gift cards available
- Aperture, shutter speed, and ISO and how these 3 factors effect every shot you take!
- Most cameras now have an exposure compensation feature, whether it’s a DSLR or a compact. Your exposure compensation option gives you incredible leverage as a photographer and I'll clear up all the confusion...
- What does this mean and why is this so important to remember?
- How to read and understand the cameras built in light meter. This is one of the most misunderstood topics! I'll show you why you can't trust it!
- The basics about white balance and settings. How to setup a custom white balance.
- What's the difference and what's the method best for you?
- Viewing your exposure results using the histogram as a guide not a rule! Quit relying on your rear display, it will lie to you! I'll teach you why the camera's rear display isn't always reliable for proper exposure results. I'll clear up all the confusion...
- Focal length and shutter speed...how this may affect the outcome of your final shot.
- Controlling (DOF) and lens factors.
- Tips and techniques, everything you need to know and how to get the most out of your flash photography.
- Using Adobe RGB or sRGB color space. What's right for you and why?
- Lots of requests for this subject as of late! I will teach you the fundamentals and what it takes to get the shot (tripod required). If you don't own one, I recommend it...
- Cleaning the camera's sensor (DSLR's only). Proper care for your equipment, and more!
I do offer sensor cleaning in my studio for a fee of $20.00 for those of you who are unsure and do not have the proper tools necessary to do so.
Our Studio Lighting Workshop provides you with practical skills so that you become competent at working with studio lighting. The topics covered in the workshop include:
- Use of studio lighting and setting your camera.
- How to use a light meter to calculate exposures.
- Using light modifiers and accessories, including softboxs and fresnel.
- Lighting the background and subject.
- Lighting set ups with one, two, three and four lights.
- High key and low key lighting setups.
- and more!
- This class is 6 - 7 hours long.
- Gift cards available.
- If you don't see a topic listed above that you have an interest in, just ask and we'll cover it!
All classes are held in my private photography studio in the Greensburg area. Those who attend class should bring their camera with additional battery or AC power source. Tripod (if you own one) and hot shoe flash if not built in to camera. Personal laptops are optional! Dress is casual. All scheduled classes are around 3 hours + in length. Most classes include written literature of topics covered for each session.
Day, evening, and weekend classes are available. Please call 724-953-3121 for complete details and available class openings...
All classes are $84.00 for each attendee except our Studio Lighting Workshop Master Class. Gift cards available.
Even though I have over 35 years experience in photography, I do not know every menu structure for every camera brand manufactured in today's market place. While most settings do the same task from brand to brand, they are most likely worded differently and or buried deep in the menu structure. Most of the classes I teach will require entering your camera's menu setup from time to time. Please bring your digital camera's manual to class with you if you do not have a firm understanding of your camera's menu structure and setup...
Adobe PhotoShop® & Adobe LightRoom® Classes...
Personal training for photo editing using Adobe PhotoShop® CS through Adobes new Creative Cloud® and Adobe PhotoShop LightRoom® 4 through 6 are also available. As an (A.C.E.) Adobe™ Certified Expert with over 24 years experience using Adobe software, I will teach you the fundamentals from editing to enhancing your photos, adding special effects, color space setup to final print output and more. This class will require that you have a fair understanding of Adobe PhotoShop®. Adobe LightRoom® experience not necessary! Call for details today.
Gift cards available.